Friday, June 1, 2012

Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Edenbrooke           

Author: Julianne Donaldson

Publisher: Shadow Mountain

Published: March 2012

ISBN13: 9781609089467

Paperback: 240 pages

FTC FYI: Review copy


Goodreads Summary: Marianne Daventry will do anything to escape the boredom of Bath and the amorous attentions of an unwanted suitor. So when an invitation arrives from her twin sister, Cecily, to join her at a sprawling country estate, she jumps at the chance. Thinking she’ll be able to relax and enjoy her beloved English countryside while her sister snags the handsome heir of Edenbrooke, Marianne finds that even the best laid plans can go awry.
From a terrifying run-in with a highwayman to a seemingly harmless flirtation, Marianne finds herself embroiled in an unexpected adventure filled with enough romance and intrigue to keep her mind racing. Will she be able to rein in her traitorous heart, or will a mysterious stranger sweep her off her feet? Fate had something other than a relaxing summer in mind when it sent Marianne to Edenbrooke.

My Review

This book is an absolute delight.  I loved everything about it.  Especially the twirling. :) I loved Marianne.  My heart would break for her at times, but it was all worth it in the end.  Phillip is a dream, he was my favorite.  He would light up the pages.  I laughed out loud at times, and smiled a lot while reading Edenbrooke.  Not only is this a great romance story, there is some page-turning suspense as well.  The author did an excellent job with the setting, and language of the characters.  I felt very regent while reading this. :)

5 out of 5 stars.  This is the Julianne's first book, and she did an excellent job.  I can't wait to read more from her.  

Find out more from the author here.  I also have the book trailer for you too.  Enjoy!

I have an extra copy of Edenbrooke to giveaway!  I won a copy at Storymakers.  Just leave a comment, and it could be yours (I would love it if you would follow this blog, but it's not required).  Contest ends next Wednesday.

9 comments:

  1. Why didn't you just hand it over to me at Storymakers? It would have been so much easier. ;)

    Seriously, I would love to win a copy. I've been wanting to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book and would love to own a copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this at Costco and debated...and debated...but I never buy a book before I know if it's good. Thanks for the review. I'd love a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is who I'll lose the Whitney to this year. Sigh. But I might as well read it so I know for sure. :) Sign me up for an entry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read this one. I'm glad to hear it's as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had my eyes opened to a great number of new authors because of you Mindy. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard such wonderful things about this book. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We would love to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one of my favorite books. I would love to win this book and give it to my mom as her bday present. Such a great read.

    ReplyDelete