Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Spinster and I by Rebecca Connolly

The Spinster and I

Author: Rebecca Connolly

Publisher: Phase Publishing

Published: November 1st, 2018

ISBN13: 978-1943048700

e-book/paperback: 281 pages

FTC FYI: I received a copy from the author, all views and opinions expressed are my own.

Goodreads Summary

Poor, unfortunate Spinster...
Prudence Westfall, spinster, has unexpectedly had the greatest misfortune of all: she has inherited a fortune, and is now an heiress. But as a Spinster, and a stammering shy one, nothing could be worse than having a bevy of suitors pay her attention. Opportunity strikes at a house party when the most unlikely person offers the perfect solution.
Camden Vale is no gentleman, and he’s not prone to saving anyone, but something about Prue changes all that. When his offer to befriend her extends beyond the house party, and his feelings extend beyond expectation, no one is more surprised than he. Except, perhaps, for the other Spinsters, and they have much to say on the subject.
My review
The Spinster and I is another win for Rebecca Connolly. I absolutely love how she writes. There is wit, charm, and perfectly timed banter on each page. I loved how there were so many beloved characters that made appearances in this book, it was like a family reunion. Especially Tony. Prue is one of my all-time favorite characters. My heart breaks for her at times with what she has to endure from her overbearing mother and cruel cousin. Prue is a kind, timid girl who just needed someone to understand her and listen to what she wants. I instantly loved Camden, he is an enjoyable mystery and I loved how he was written. I appreciated how he paid attention to her needs and guided her. He is the perfect hero. And of course the Spinsters. They are just perfect. I love each of them. Charlotte, Izzy, they all bring a smile to my face. 
5 out of 5 stars. Rebecca Connolly is a talented author, whose books I will always enjoy. 
Purchase links
Author links

No comments:

Post a Comment