Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Cokeville Miracle -- DVD release


On May 9, 1986, in the small, ranching community of Cokeville, Wyoming, David and Doris Young took an elementary school hostage for several hours before detonating a bomb inside a classroom that held every teacher and student in the school. In the wake of the madness, Ron Hartley, whose children were inside the classroom, must fight his skepticism and unbelief as he hears eyewitness accounts from the students about miraculous, heavenly intervention during the crisis. When tragedy strikes . . . what do you see? Rated PG-13. 

Trailer




My Review

This movie was amazing.  I thought the story of this event was depicted wonderfully in this film.  I watched it with my sister and we both were mesmerized the entire time.  I especially loved the investigation of the miracle from Ron Hartley.  Those stories had me in tears and how Ron found his peace and faith was inspiring.  As much as I loved it, I probably won't have my youngest daughter (11) watch it for awhile, the scenes with David and Doris were intense and probably would be too much for her.  This movie is a faith building experience that will strengthen testimonies.  I appreciated the update on the children, teachers and Ron's family at the end of the movie.

I received a DVD copy from the distributor for an honest review.

Purchase Links

Amazon / Barnes and Noble / Deseret Book / Seagull Book

No comments:

Post a Comment