Friday, July 12, 2019

A Proper Scandal by Esther Hatch

A Proper Scandal

Author: Esther Hatch

Publisher: Covenant

Published: May 2019

Paperback: 222 pages

FTC FYI: I received a copy from the author, all views and opinions expressed are my own.

Goodreads Summary

Grace Sinclair has been callously cast out of her home. And though taken in as an orphaned child by the vicar and his wife, her unsurpassed beauty makes it impossible for her to remain in the vicar’s household—with two daughters of their own about to enter Society, the vicar and his wife see Grace as nothing but competition. Thankfully, Grace’s estranged Aunt Bell has agreed to take her in to her home in London. But Grace soon learns her situation has just gotten much worse.

It takes only a moment’s acquaintance for Grace to ascertain that her aunt has married a detestable rake. And Aunt Bell, recognizing the danger of having her lovely niece too near her husband, gives Grace an ultimatum: the young woman has two weeks to find a man to marry, after which she will be turned out. With no experience in the art of attracting a husband, Grace quickly realizes that a worthy suitor might not be so easy to ensnare.
 


My review

First of all, this cover is beautiful. It really sets the tone for the book, and what a wonderful book it is! The title is intriguing too, how can a scandal be proper? I absolutely loved it. It is so charming and Grace is a fantastic character. Nate is great too, a very patient man to be sure. Grace had me smiling quite a bit, but I enjoyed her immensely. I couldn't turn pages fast enough, all while not wanting the story to end. Very well done. I can't wait for more from this talented author.

5 out of 5 stars. I love reading books that leave me smiling at the end and very glad I read it!

Purchase links

Amazon e-book / Amazon paperback / Deseret Book / Seagull Book

Author links

Amazon author page / Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment