Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Do Over by Shannon Guymon

Do Over

Author: Shannon Guymon

Publisher: Bonneville (Cedar Fort)

Published: February 12, 2013

ISBN13: 9781462111541

Genre: Romance

Paperback: 185 pages

Summary (Goodreads)

Who wouldn't be tired of dating after falling for the wrong woman over and over again? Trey has decided to take a much-needed break from the fairer sex, until Iris tumbles into his life. Their romance will either be a disaster waiting to happen or the best fairy tale since Sleeping Beauty.

My Review 

I liked Iris instantly.  Especially when she moves to Alpine, changes her clothes, hair, and life.  I admit I was nervous about a few things, that she would regret some choices later, but I didn't know Iris.  She is a fantastic character.  I especially liked it when she met Trey.  Their first scene together was very funny and flirty.   I loved it when Iris came home from their first meeting with the surprise that started it all.  When they meet up again, I loved the idea of the "fake girlfriend/boyfriend" and hoped that it would lead to more.  I was more than pleased with the end result of the book and enjoyed the ride.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all sunshine and roses.  I enjoyed that it took work.  Once Trey and Iris decided to be together there was no stopping them.  

4 out of 5 stars.  Shannon has written a clean, fun book with humor, lessons and lots of romance.  I can't wait to read more from her.  Do Over has also been nominated for a 2013 Whitney Award.  Shannon also writes fantasy under the pseudonym Katie Lee O'Guinn.  I will be reviewing her Taming the Wolf series soon.  As well as her Love & Dessert trilogy in her own name. 

Author Links

Blog / Katie Lee O'GuinnFacebook / Facebook

Purchase Links

Amazon / Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment