Thursday, March 14, 2013

Finding June by Shannen Crane Camp

Finding June

Author: Shannen Crane Camp

Publisher: Sugar Coated Press

Published: December 20, 2012

ISBN13: 9781480260825

Paperback: 184 pages

FTC FYI: I received a review PDF copy.

Goodreads Summary 

Standing up for what you believe in is hard for any teenager in the battleground known as high school. It's even harder in the world of Hollywood, which is where sixteen-year-old June Laurie dreams of being. Thanks to the constant training from her agent/grandmother and the support of her best friend Joseph, June is positive she's ready. But is an innocent little Mormon girl like June ever really ready to be cast as the love interest for the country's hottest star, Lukas Leighton? When June lands a role in Hollywood's most popular crime drama, Forensic Faculty, she finds herself caught off-guard by the fast-paced world of tabloids and paparazzi, and swept off her feet by her gorgeous co-star. Now June must decide what she's willing to give up to achieve the title of Hollywood starlet—or more importantly, what's too sacred to lose.

My Review

I loved this book.  I thought it was adorable.  I immediately loved June and Joseph.  Gran was a hoot and I loved all of her homemade beauty regimens.  A few times I found myself thinking that I needed to try one of them, too.  As much as I loved the people in June's life, I also really liked her TV show cast mates.  Especially, Candice, Benjamin, and of course Ryan.  I love a books based on LDS fiction.  The author does of great job of letting reader know our believes without being preachy.  June is a doll, and loved her journey of self discovery.  There were many parts that I was smiling big and many more that made me laugh.  I also really enjoyed the behind the scenes glances of the TV world.  I appreciated how June would stand up for herself, and I loved the ending.  I can't wait for Chasing June.    

4 out of 5 stars.  Finding June is a 2012 Whitney Aware Finalist.  Her first book, The Breakup Artist, was also a 2011 Whitney Award nominee.  There is a sequel in the works for Finding June.  Chasing June, hopefully, comes out this year. 

Author Links

Blog / Goodreads / Twitter / Facebook 

Purchase Links

Amazon / Barnes and Noble 




No comments:

Post a Comment